Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Macworld Expo prediction results

Well, I guess I mostly suck at Macintosh prognostication.

Blu-ray, no embracing, no announcements.

Update to AppleTV. Well they are updating it but now how I had hoped. It is still a good thing and if I had paid a bit more attention about the iTunes Movie rental indicators I might have gotten more of this right.

No 3G iPhone. Ok, I got this right but duh, who didn't see that. The update for the iPhone and the iPod Touch is pretty cool and some of the technology behind the mapping is interesting.

Lighter weight MacBook. I pretty much missed this. I knew if anyone could pull this off Apple could and I was pretty sure Apple would announce something. I was pretty sure that the optical drive would be external. I had mentioned to a colleague that I thought that Apple would introduce an external optical drive but I had holed it would also work on an AppleTV and include Blu-ray capability. I really missed it on the Newton size device. Maybe next year.

I guess I will have to watch the net a bit more this year and try again next year.

Picassa Photo Album

Photocast RSS feed

No comments: