Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Inspiration

A man whom I have never met face-to-face passed away early Saturday Morning (10/27). I had corresponded with him several times and met him when he was liquidating most of his equipment as he knew with pancreatic cancer his time was short. I sent him an e-mail on Friday afternoon (10/26) and got a bounce message on Monday. I don't know if he ever got the message. In his memory I am posting it here.

Dear Diehl,

So often when I am feeling down or in pain I soon find myself looking at your web site and reading about how you are doing and I feel so ashamed for worrying about my little issues. You have been such an inspiration over the last year or so since I first purchased a couple of radios from you. I really wish I had been able to meet you face to face. I guess we will just have to wait until that time when we are both finally called home. I don't expect it for decades but God has his own timetable, so we never know when.

I was looking for the first time today at your wedding pictures. My Mom's name is Carol too and I had an Uncle Harry, whom I dearly loved, that could talk your ear off.

I just wanted you to know that I have thought of, and prayed for, you often.

Every time I go to your web page I thank the Lord for giving you another day and pray that he will give you comfort.

I shall surely miss you but rejoice in your glory when the day of your promotion comes.

Yours in Christ,

Bruce

To read Diehl's cancer blog please go to http://diehlmartin.com/cancer.html .

No comments: